What is 321Go.org about?
The website 321Go.org has the following aims:
- attract potential players
and make them interested in the game of Go.
- provide facilities to these novice go players to
keep them interested
- provide challenging material
to make them increasingly fascinated
by the game of Go.
- provide Go players of all ranks with study material
and personal coaching
to help them to reach an intermediate level.
In order to realize these aims a special taskforce has been
established: the 321Go project team consisting of:
- Jan van der Steen - GoBase.org, IT solutions, representing IGS-PandaNet and coach
- Wim Berkelmans - boardmember of the Dutch Go Association, author of go workbooks and coach
- Hans Mugge - Shibui.nl, Design, Cognitive Ergonomic Designer
The website 321Go.org will serve as the central place to attract and
host a new generation of Go players, a generation who meets, learns and
plays Go on the internet.
Meanwhile, plans are in the pipeline to establish school programs in
order to actively spread the game of Go by using the facilities and
infrastructure of the 321Go.org website.
PandaNet will develop a special go server and client to support the
members of 321Go. Using this server games can be played and online
coaching can be provided.
Using the PandaNet go server, national tournaments between schools and
centralized community meeting and study days are a logical consequence
once enough critical mass has been achieved.
The website will provide facilities in multiple languages.
Currently Dutch and English are supported. Other countries are welcome to join.
The following pages will guide you through the various sections of the
website 321Go.org, thus introducing to you the first stage of this